Most users view their documents in a PDF version format whether it is an android device, a personal computer, or an IOS device. But are you aware of the new windows format for viewing your documents? Let me tell you that it is the XPS viewer for windows 10 developed by Microsoft to compete the PDF popularity.
If you want to use the XPS format for your file, then you first have to create an XPS file with document editing software. The issue arises when you have to read an XPS file while using Microsoft Office. There is no doubt that you can create an XPS file in the office but you cannot read the file. Moreover, your internet browser is also unable to read the XPS files. You will need to install an XPS file viewer in your windows to read them.
See the following to view any XPS file in your windows 10:
- Sumatra PDF Reader
- Google Drive
- Windows 10 Stock App
1. XPS Viewer Sumatra PDF Reader
PDF viewers having a good rating will be able to read the XPS files. Sumatra PDF Reader is one of the famous pdf reader tools that you can use to read your XPS files. The reasons to use this pdf reader are the following:
- It is free of cost.
- It is easy to install.
- It supports the XPS File format.
The following are the steps to install this pdf reader in your windows 10:
- Open your browser and type Sumatra PDF Reader in the search bar and then press enter button.
- Download the pdf reader from sumatrapdfreader.org.
- After the installation process, right-click on your XPS file and select the Open with option.
- Choose Sumatra pdf reader from the Open with option. Your file will be opened in the pdf reader.
2. Using Google Drive as an XPS Viewer
There is an option available for you to upload your XPS file on your Google drive. This option is good because you will not have to install any new applications i.e. pdf readers.
We will tell you how to view your XPS file in the following steps:
- Open your internet browser, let’s say it is Google Chrome. Sign in with your Google account.
- Access your Google Drive.
- See the Top left section, You will see the New right under the Drive. Select New and then choose File Upload.
- Upload your file and then you can view your XPS file through your Google Drive.
3. Stock App in Windows 10 for XPS Files
If you are an older version of Windows 10, then you can avail of this option. The updated versions are not providing this feature to their users. But you don’t have to worry when you are still able to install it.
We will tell you how to do it in the below steps:
- Select the Windows button on the below-left corner of your windows screen and type Settings in the search bar.
- Select Apps right after the personalization section.
- Choose the first section i.e. Apps and Features.
- Choose Optional Features and then select Add a Feature.
- Choose XPS Viewer by searching XPS in the list.
- Choose install and then wait for some time for the installation to take place.
- After the installation process, open your XPS file by right click on your XPS file and selecting the Open with option.
- Choose XPS viewer from the Open with option. Your file will be opened.
You can read the following articles from us to resolve the common errors you are facing while using the windows operating system:
In conclusion, we will advise you to prefer the Sumatra pdf reader over windows own XPS viewer. The reason is that you may face an issue opening certain XPS files using the windows XPS viewer. If you want to use other pdf viewers, then you can search for other pdf viewers in the Google search bar to open your XPS files.
Leave a Reply